If you have a home that has the space and the perfect setting, there is nothing quite like opulence to lend glamour and sophistication to it. Who has not dreamed of having an opulent home at least once in their life? Luxurious and elegant home design ideas are not hard to come by and what is best about home design and décor today is that you really do not need an interior designer to decorate your home for you. With some thought and creativity, you can create a plush home that is sure to be the envy of everyone you know!
Top 5 Design Ideas for Opulent Homes
With a few accessories, you can create a luxurious home that is grand and guaranteed to have your guests in awe when they walk in. For opulence, try these 5 ideas to help you get started on designing your home as grandly as you wish:
- Renaissance or colonial furniture: One of the most important parts of decorating a home is selecting the right furniture. If you are looking for grandeur, there is nothing quite like Renaissance or colonial-style pieces to furnish your home. Elegant and stylishly-curved furniture with intricate carvings and dark, rich colors will give your home a majestic look and feel.
- Jewel-toned paints: The best color palette for the walls of your home would be rich and royal shades such as reds, deep blues, rich greens, etc. Gold and topaz tones will also give your home an opulent look. If you prefer to stay away from too much color, you can always opt for grays, marble whites, beiges, etc. The best thing about the going neutral is that it will always look fabulous with any accessories that you desire for your home.
- Rich and royal fabrics: One of the staples of opulent home design is rich fabrics for your upholstery and curtains or drapes. Silks, velvets, satins and brocades are great choices when you want your home to look fabulously royal and luxurious. Tassels that are ornate and beautifully-embroidered cushions will complete the look!
- Ornate light fixtures: To give your home opulence, you cannot go wrong with chandeliers and light fixtures made of brass. You will be amazed at how grand your home looks once these are fixed to ceilings and walls. Crystal chandeliers are always in vogue if you are looking for luxurious and in today’s market, you can find them in a myriad beautiful designs and styles.
- Beautiful carpets and rugs: There is nothing that says elegance and opulence quite like rare and beautiful rugs in different parts of a home. Dark hardwood floors are, of course, a must but in areas that need floor covering, opt for exquisite rugs from the Orient and fabulous Aubusson carpets. Not only will they look sophisticated but warm and inviting as well.
Home décor stores today have a much wider selection of items compared to a few decades earlier. You can decorate your home easily in whatever way you wish. With the right idea and lots of imagination and creativity, you can have the perfect home design for that oh-so sophisticated and opulent home that you have always dreamed of.
For more luxury ideas visit my G+ page https://plus.google.com/+JamieSquillareDesign/